Friday, May 11, 2007

Week 18: The week of movement

This was the first week I felt a true kick. It kind of took me by surprise. Saturday morning I woke up because I felt something strange in my tummy. This kid is going to be a soccer player or something. He/she calmed down the rest of the week until Thursday. The little guy waited until my big daily meeting to kick with both feet at separate times - one right after another - and totally throw me off guard. It is very strange to all of a sudden go from these bubbles to these actual kicks. I am hoping to have them be more often soon so Jim/Dad can join in the fun too.

This week we also went to the doctor. They listened to the baby's heartbeat and she was able to find it a lot quicker this time. I think it helped that my heart rate wasn't sky high this time. =) Everything was good and in less than 2 weeks we'll (hopefully) know if it is a boy or a girl. Everyone keeps asking me if I want a boy or girl. Honestly, I have no opinion. I just want to have the baby be healthy and see it. Everything is becoming so real now. The crib came in this week ... so I know he or she is coming and I just keep counting down. =)

No comments: