Saturday, September 1, 2007

Thoughts/Feelings

For the last 35 weeks...oh, what am I saying, for the last year, all I have thought about since I found out I could have a 'home grown' baby is obsess about this future baby. Well, now that it is only weeks away from becoming a reality, I am starting to...well, freak out a bit. It isn't that I don't think Jim and I will be good parents. I know we'll do fine and love this child so much. Of course we'll do some things right and some things wrong but we have a wonderful support network of people to help us along. It is more the idea of us being responsible for such a little person and making her world as safe and wonderful as possible. This concept excites and worries me. I'm very excited to see Miss Elizabeth for the first time...to hug and kiss her for the first time just makes me teary eyed (even now). I just want her life to be as wonderful as it possibly can be...any parents wants that. But these are the things that are going through my mind. How can we accomplish that and give this tiny baby everything? It is a journey I am really looking forward to even though I know we will struggle sometimes.

So, to that, I say to everyone - thank you in advance for your support.

To my wonderful husband, I say - thank you for sharing this experience with me and I cannot wait to see what we have made together. I love you!

To my daughter, I cannot wait to meet you! You have already given me one of the best experiences of my life and you are a true gift from God!

No comments: