Sunday, November 4, 2007

Diaper Dilemma

When Jim and I were pregnant we sadly spent a lot of time talking about diapers. We decided we would try use various kinds and then settle on one. I had investigated several kinds and Pampers was the most expensive followed by Huggies and then Luvs. Well, we got Huggies Newborn Gentle Care at the hospital. They had a little section precut for the umbilical to be until it falls off. This feature wasn't a necessity because all you had to do is fold the flap down on the front of the diaper until the umbilical stub falls off. We had already bought some Pampers Newborn Diapers too and tried those out. I quickly found that I liked Huggies better. The Pampers ones seemed to not keep her as dry. When Libby outgrew the newborn size I then tried some Luvs diapers we had in the house from a shower. I'm not a huge fan of them but I still liked them better than Pampers. So far Huggies is my favorite though. We've tried to kinds of this brand: Gentle Care and Snug & Fit. I personally like the Gentle Care the best. They seem very soft and keep her really dry. The Snug & Fit also keep her dry but just don't seem to work as well. I'm not against the Luvs and cannot judge them yet because they were a tad big on her. I plan on trying them again soon. I'm hoping that we like them because they are the cheapest but the Huggies aren't too bad in the grand scheme of major brands.

1 comment:

Jim said...

She's not kidding; that diaper research project was an entire night of our lives. As if there was one brand of diapers on the market that absorbed waste, and the other twenty brands shot it at you, and if you picked the wrong one you were stuck with it forever.

Also, as a dad who just spent three hours trying to put a baby down, let me add this insight: to hell with the powdered formula. To hell itself with it. Yes, the ready-made stuff costs more, but when was the last time you used this calculus on your own meal? Why give your child the ramen of the baby world?