Saturday, March 1, 2008

Antibiotic Problems

Libby has been sick for the past month and a half. On Tuesday the daycare called me to tell me that Libby wouldn't stop screaming so I took her to the doctor. They gave her an antibiotic. It was her first prescription and I was really nervous about giving her it. They assured us that it wouldn't be a big deal. That's where it fell apart. =( On Thursday the daycare called again to say that she's having some kind of a reaction on her face. So I called the doctor and they said she might be allergic to penicillin. Well, that was enough to make me terrified for her. So we stopped the antibiotic and gave her Benadryl and that seemed to have clear up everything. Yesterday her face flared up again even with the Benadryl and so I called the doctor again and took her in. The doctor thinks she might be allergic to the lotion that we are using on her face...so, we'll be experimenting a bit more to see if she is really allergic to the antibiotic or not. =(

No comments: