Saturday, July 25, 2009

Moving Update

I still can't believe it is real but we will be moving as of August 6th. Everyone here is sad but really excited and happy. We have had a lot of good and bad memories here. This is the first home Jim & I bought together a few months after we got married. It is also the first home Libby has ever known and where we brought her home. When I get anxious about moving, it isn't from the packing and the logistics of the move. I have learned from my parents how to make a move easy and simple. I am mostly worry about how Libby is going to react to her new home. She has only known this house and isn't good with change. The daycare confronted me yesterday saying Libby is acting unsure of herself this week. I am not sure if that is because of her things getting boxed up or because her Daddy went away for the first time this weekend since she has been born....but it definitely is making me even more anxious. The daycare suggested making her as much a part of the process as possible by letting her box up her toys and things in her room. I am not sure if you have ever tried to do something like that with an almost 2 year old, but the things you put in a box never stay in a box. The kiddo will always take them out. We'll still try it the night before we move with the remainder of her toys...which lets face it, is a lot of toys.

Everything seems to be coming together though. I just worry something will fall a part or Libby will have a bad transition. If you all have any advice on how to make this smoother, please let me know!

No comments: