Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sciatic huh?

For the past few nights I have had the worst time getting comfortable.  My lower back has been killing me and it was difficult to lay down without crying out in pain.  After waking up in pain every 30-45 minutes, I finally called the Dr today.  They believe it is sciatic nerve causing me fits.  Wikipedia says:

The sciatic nerve (also known as the ischiadic nerve and the ischiatic nerve) is a large nerve fiber in humans and other animals. It begins in the lower back and runs through the buttock and down the lower limb. It is the longest and widest single nerve in the human body

I agree it is the longest nerve in the body because when the pain starts it seems to go forever.  Sadly with this being the cause of my pain, this means there is nothing I can do to fix this other than muffle it with massages, heat, cold, and tylenol.  So, for the next 13 weeks I am just going to try to manage the pain.  The good news is the kiddo doesn't seem to be impacted...other than knowing his mom is a complete spaz.  I have a pretty high pain tolerance but this is beating me.  I think it is because of the lack of sleep.  If I can just get a little bit more, I know I can ignore this constant throbbing when I sit or lay down.  It's a good thing I don't sit much at work...oh wait.  *sigh*.  Three months to go! =)

No comments: