Saturday, January 12, 2013

Parent Pillow Talk

Parents of children that are talking know that there is very little time to actually talk with your spouse while the kiddo(s) is/are awake.  Jim and I just kind of fell into an interesting pattern of fixing this issue.  It isn't ideal but it works for us!

Each night - we each take one child to tuck into bed.  Usually I take TJ and Jim takes Libby and we get them settled in their rooms.  Then we meet in our room to have "pillow talk" and pretty much catch up on the day, talk about what is on the calendar for the next day, and just about anything we want to.  It's something I always look forward to doing even when I am just exhausted from the day or week.

Does anyone else do anything similar?

1 comment:

Jim said...

My spouse and I do the exact same thing!