Friday, December 14, 2007

Going Back To Work

To answer everyone's question, yes I am going back to work. The 'big day' is January 2nd. Libby will be 14 weeks old on that day and we have picked out a wonderful day care to take care of her. That being said, I have to say I am torn about doing this. As far back as I can remember I never wanted to be a stay at home mom. If I married, I wanted my husband to be the stay at home parent. This was never greeted warmly by people. Either they were shocked that I didn't want to stay at home with my future children or horrified that I wanted the husband to do it. I must say after being home 11 weeks (so far) with Libby I can see the appeal of staying home. However, I miss my work. I miss my co-workers. The dread of leaving her in other people's hands worry me. I am not the most trusting person on the planet. =) However, I do know they will do a good job...that is why we picked them to watch over my most precious treasure. I'm not sure how well I will do on the first day of leaving her...not to mention how on earth I am going to shower and get ready, get her up and ready, and be at work by 8:00 - ha! This is going to get interesting. =) The logistics aren't the only thing that worry me. I haven't been a part from her for more than 3 or 4 hours since we got her home from the hospital. I don't know how I am going to be away from her for 9+ hours. Oy! That is a really, really long time. I have already started a photo album to take with me to work. It isn't for others to look at but for me to look at when I miss her. I'm looking forward to seeing what 'normal' is for us. I guess I will find out in less than 3 weeks now!

No comments: