Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ski Family Updates

I haven't really posted any true updates (besides videos and pictures) in awhile so I thought I would write something up. Things are going well here in the Ski Household. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends and family - four of them actually. Even though Libby won't eat turkey still (just by choice), Jim and I enjoyed the dinners. Actually, it was mostly Jim because I had a stomach bug that prevented me from eating a lot of the dinners. Unfortunately that bug has hit my Grandma, Mom, Dad, sister, and Libby (slightly). I think it may not have spread any further past that but it definitely was no fun. My Dad is still getting over it. Each of us had different symptoms so it was strange. In any case, Thanksgiving was still fun to see everyone!

Libby is growing more and more each day. She's loving her new daycare and so are we. She's been there for almost 2 months and I still do not have any complaints. Libby's teachers all love her and have nicknamed her "Boo" or "Boo Boo". I am going to choose to think that isn't because she falls a lot. =) Oh the falling...that is mostly because she is walking now. I just cannot believe it. She still wants to hold our hand everywhere but doesn't really need it. And let me tell you, if we don't hold our hand out she'll tell you to or will just grab it. We also installed a gate in front of her room so if she climbed out (which I am terrified of!) she cannot go anywhere. She's also started saying "no" and wagging her finger - which is funny and adorable. It is usually a response after Jim and I are talking to one another and say no. Jim has caught her numerous times saying no back and wagging her finger at us. You cannot help but laugh.

Libby's vocab is also growing each day. She's added several words to her vocab in the last month - princess, baby, duck are just to name a few. Of course when she says, "I did it!" and throws her hands up in the air that makes me beam. She's such a little sponge when it comes to things lately.

Meals are also going well. She is completely off of baby food now and when we go out to dinner we actually order her a kid's meal (which she eats maybe 1/4 of). That part is really odd for me because I still think of her as a baby even though she really isn't anymore. She still doesn't like meat unless it is in a nugget form but I'll still take it! She went through a fish only phase where she would eat anything that came from the sea. I don't think that is sticking around but as long as it has breading on it, she's good.

We're really looking forward to Christmas and New Years this year. We haven't put the tree up yet but hope to in the next week or so. That is going to be an adventure with her walking around now!!

Welp, that's all I have to write up as of now. We hope all of your Thanksgivings were as wonderful as ours!

No comments: