Monday, November 1, 2010

Goodbye Saturn


10.29.10 goodbye Saturn
Originally uploaded by Holly Mroczkowski.
Wednesday was not a good day for Jim. Well, it turned out to be ok. Unfortunately Jim's car began to bleed. I mean it literally started to leak red fluid AND steam. I've been itching to get rid of that death trap car for YEARS and YEARS so I had high hopes it would cost more to fix the car than it was worth. We found out on Thursday that I "lucked" out because we found out that it did indeed cost more to fix it than it was worth. So began my favorite process - to search for new cars. Jim hates the process so I took over. We really lucked out. I found out at 10:30 on Thursday that his car was basically worthless (to us) and by 11:30 I sold it to the guy at the body show. By 2:00/2:30 I had bid on a "new" (used) car for Jim and by 3:00 we had it. We went to go pick up Jim's "new" car on Saturday - a 2008 Toyota Prius. He's always wanted a hybrid and we were actually able to make his dream come true. So, I guess looking back at it now, it was a good thing the car died. =)

No comments: