Saturday, November 6, 2010

Simple

I want my life to be simple again.  You know - the good days where I don't feel like I am being pulled in a million directions.  I just don't think that is possible with both parents working full time and two kids.  If someone knows how that works - please fill me in.  I've recently tried to improve ways to simplify my life.  Little things that add up to big things for me.  For example, I took a close look at my DVR and removed a bunch of shows I had been watching for years and years but really didn't enjoy anymore.  It was hard but it was necessary.  I watch entirely too much TV and it started feeling like home.  Next I looked at other things in my life that seem to be like homework to me and weigh me down.  Twitter was next on my chopping block.  You'll notice I have removed it from the sidebar.  This one was a hard one to decide what to do with.  On one hand I really enjoy seeing what everyone has to say and I get a lot of good news from there.  On the other hand some of the things being said upset me and started to become a bit overwhelming due to the mass quantities of tweets and the fact I only have so much time to really look at it.  It also started to seem I was so busy documenting my life, I was missing things.  So, sadly, after 3 years I am giving it up and going to live in my life vs just documenting it.  The account will be removed by the end of this weekend.  Luckily, I am still staying with facebook and keep up with the same friends from twitter on there.  I'm just trying not to replace one thing with another...defeats the purpose!


So, what do you all think?  Have you simplified your life?  How?

No comments: