Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Glucose worries

Around the 25th/26th week pregnant women are usually asked to get a glucose test done. I actually already went through this once around Month 3 because I was getting so big in the beginning and they figured it was either diabetes or gestational diabetes. My results came back negative then. I was a little nervous about this time around because diabetes runs very strongly in my family and I have a lot of similar traits to them. I had my test on Friday and just found out that everything is perfectly fine and I don't have diabetes. I am so relieved. For the past few days, everything I have put into my mouth I have worried that I could possibly be hurting the baby if it was too high in sugar. Apparently the baby can take it. =)

Just wanted to share my good news!

No comments: