Monday, October 8, 2007

1st Doctor's Appointment

We had our first doctor's appointment this morning. I was a little nervous and didn't know what to expect. Last night Libby and I read - ok, I read it to her - What To Expect The First Year to see if I could think of any questions on what to expect in the up coming month and also jotted down a few questions of my own. We found that Libby has not only regained the weight she lost after birth but has surpassed that amount and gaining a whole pound on top of her birth weight - bringing her up to 8 lbs, 1 oz. She also grew 3/4 inch! We were very proud. =) Her umbilical chord is almost falling off too and we're hoping it is gone soon (mostly because I don't like giving her sponge baths!). All in all it was a great experience and was the first time we had been outside since bringing her home. Boy! It sure is pretty! Our doctor recommended not really exposing her to lots of people until she is 2 months old so she can get her 1st shots...so this should be tricky. Thank goodness Thanksgiving is after she is 8 weeks old!! (Yeah, I know I am insane but whatcha gonna do!)

No comments: