Sunday, October 21, 2007

First Trip!

Yesterday, Jim, Libby and I made our first trip to Jackson. I didn't know what to expect...when we would love, would Libby eat, how much stuff should we bring...just everything was up in the air. That is hard for me because I am such a planner. I planned as much as I could. I made sure we brought waaay more food, diapers, and bottles than we needed and had several outfits just in case of problems with spit up or diapers. Everything else, I figured, would fall into place and it did. Saturday was a big day. One of my best friends from High School was getting married and my family was having a big reunion. I wanted to go to both but the pediatrician told us we shouldn't bring Libby. That was almost the reason we didn't do either until my parent's volunteered to watch Libby for a few hours so we could go to the wedding. It was so strange to be just with Jim and not have Libby with us. It is just so natural to have her with us now. Sadly, we decided not to go the reunion. I thought about going just myself and having Jim stay with Libby at my parent's house. The 'problem' was that my sister and cousin would have their new baby girls with them (each ranging from 2-4 weeks older than mine) and it would make me miss her too much. Plus, the idea of people asking me where she was just made my heart hurt!

All in all the day went off without a hitch. Libby decided to get me up extra early for her feeding in the morning so we left even earlier than we had originally intended. (of course everything revolves around Elizabeth =)) We managed to get the trip (which takes about 1 hour, 45 minutes) in without interrupting her normal feeding schedules - that was really nice! So it was a great day!!

I'd just like to say a few words to some of the people from Saturday:

Mom & Dad - Thanks for watching Libby!! She had a blast!
Caroline & Robert - Congrats again and we wish you a ton of happiness!
The Mirlys - So sorry we weren't able to make the reunion. We will be there next year. I miss you guys!!!

No comments: