Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Going Solo - Day #2 and Night #3

Day 2 was a bit of a blur for me because I was so exhausted. I only got a total of 4 hours of sleep when it was all said and done. I've found napping in the afternoon is very hard. If I want to get caught up on sleep, I must sleep in the morning between her 6ish and 9ish feedings. I do remember that her umbilical cord fell off so I was very happy about that! I noticed it at the early mornings feedings yesterday it was hanging on by a thread. Before Jim left for work I told him the great news. He was sad that he couldn't be here when it fell off so I told him to say good-bye to it and we opened up her onsie to discover it was gone! Now we just have to make sure it is fully healed and wait a bit and we can give her a tub bath. Yay! I honestly can't remember anything else from yesterday...she did stick to a every 3 hour feeding schedule yesterday so that was wonderful. The only problem was she was having problems in the digestive area and had several very bad (explosive!) diapers. There is nothing like hearing your baby cry and discovering that mess. I know I wouldn't want to sit/lay in that!

Last night I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes opened. I ended up going to sleep around 8:30/8:45 because I honestly couldn't function anymore. I slept until about 3:00 am when Libby woke me up hungry. That was a fabulous sleep! I fed her and then fell asleep on the couch for a few more hours. I got up at 6:00 to feed her and then quickly showered and actually made myself human again. It was wonderful. I looked at the clock and it was only 7:30 am! I had already done more today than I did all day yesterday. Today should be a much better day!

No comments: