Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Going Solo - Night #2

Last night was either better than the 1st night or I am quickly getting used to get up so often. Jim fed her at 11pm and then she got up at 1am hungry again. That's when I took over. She gobbled down her food and then I put her back in her crib where she stayed for about an hour before getting hungry again. So at around 3:30 I admitted to myself that I was not going to be able to sleep in my bed again and went downstairs. Since I am not really supposed to be going up and down the stairs, I thought this would be the healthiest option for me. I fed Miss Libby again and she finally fell asleep around 5am again. I was trying to let her sleep in my arms with a boppy supporting us and was hoping to take a quick snooze myself...but I didn't trust myself not to drop her. I was just too tired. I finally got her asleep in her pack 'n play around 5:20 and I was zonked on the couch 5 seconds later until she woke me up at 6:30. I was so proud of her for making it 3 hours between feedings again. So, I think I got about 4 or 5 hours total last night of sleep...only 3 being in an actual bed. There will be naps today. =) The good news is that her umbilical cord has almost fallen off! Of course I have nothing to do with that whole process really - it just falls off when it wants to...but once it does, we can give her a bath in her baby tub. I am so excited about that!

But going back to night #2 - I think it was much better than the first night cause at least I knew I wasn't going to get much sleep. =)

No comments: