I'm a little behind on publishing her 7 month info. Sorry! It has been crazy with the illnesses and well life/work. But here we go! Libby is officially 7 months old now...which is just insane to think about. She's just blossoming into this wonderful, fun ball of energy. Here are some of the highlights:
- Squealing is one of her favorite things to do right now - especially for Daddy. He can get her to squeal really quick.
- She loves the "Kissy Monster" (aka, Mommy). And the game "I'm going to get you" will never go out of style for her.
- Applesauce is definitely her favorite food. She will just devour it. The solid foods are not going as quickly as they probably should just due to her being on antibiotics for the past month and a half for the ear infections. They tend to make her sick to her stomach so we just stick to Oatmeal and Rice.
- Kicking Daddy and trying to push his laptop off the couch's arm rest is another favorite past time.
- Oh bathtime! Now that she can sit up in the tub there are no tears at bath time. It is great!
- Libby is definitely ticklish under her arms. Daddy/Jim discovered that one day and we definitely use it to our advantage when we can. =)
- She has also fallen in love with all technology. She loves the iPod, headphones, remote control, cell phone, baby monitor. She's a techno baby!
- Sitting up is also a new thing for the month. She can do it w/o assistance but still prefers to have Mom or Dad behind her. Every once and awhile she likes to do a "trust exercise" where she falls backwards to see if you are paying attention...so we have to be prepared.
Should be able:
- Feed self a cracker - haven't given her crackers yet...wasn't sure if we could.
- Razz (make a wet razzing sound) - check!
- Coo or babble when happy - check!
- Smile often when interacting with you - check!
Will probably be able to:
- Sit without support - check!
- Bear some weight on legs when held upright - check!
- Object if you try to take a toy away - check!
- Work to get a toy that's out of reach - check!
- Look for dropped object - check!
- Rake with fingers an object and pick it up in fist - check!
- Turn in the direction of a voice - check!
- Babble, combining vowels and consonants such as ga-ga-ga, ba-ba-ba, ma-ma-ma, da-da-da - check!
- Play peekaboo - check!
May possibly be able to:
- Creep or crawl - not yet but we're working on it
- Pass a cube or other object from one hand to the other - check!
- Stand holding on to someone or something - not yet
May even be able to:
- Pull up to standing position from sitting - not yet
- Get into sitting position from stomach - hah! She cannot even roll over yet so no =)
- Play patty-cake (clap hands) or wave bye-bye - no but I am trying to teach her
- Pick up tiny object with any part of the thumb and finger - check!
- Walk holding on to furniture - no thank goodness =)
- Say "mama" or "dada" indiscriminately - well, she does say Momma when she is crying but I know she doesn't know what she is saying...so I will say no.
That's about it! And as always, here is a recent picture.