Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sadness

I know i'm a softie.  I realize that.  It can be a good thing or a bad thing.  I am also a very visual person...so when I see something good or bad, that image sticks with me.  I think that is why I have strong opinions about movies.  But recently, I learned of a fellow online Mommy had lost her daughter.  I have spent the last few weeks trying to put my emotions in check.  It hasn't worked.  The little girl, Maddie, is a month younger than my Libby but was born very premature and had struggled with many illnesses as a result of it.  She is a beautiful little girl that has a great smile and could just tell was loved.  I cannot bring myself to use past tense here so pardon my butchering of the English language...  I cannot get her face out of my mind. 
 
There is just something about this that I cannot get over.  Jim hates to see me sad so has asked me to not religiously look at the Mom's blog but I cannot help it.  My heart just breaks every single time I hear about it.  I am trying to turn it into a positive thing (versus spending the afternoon crying at my desk ... like I have been).  It has made me cherish my daughter even more.  I just spend hours just looking at her.  I hug and kiss her as much as possible now.  
 
So, while this posting is sad and I am definitely crying as I write this and using this as a therapy session, please take a few things from it.
  • Love your children.  Hug and kiss them as often as you can.
  • Cherish life.  Never let it pass you by.
  • Document your life as much as you can.  Take pictures, videos, write about it...anything you can do to make it where you will always remember everything.
 
This little Maddie...she will never be forgotten because she definitely made her place in the world for only being in it for 17 short months.  And to her family, my heart goes out to you.  Please know there are many people out there that are thinking of you.

No comments: