Wednesday, August 25, 2010

TJ: 2 Weeks!

So apparently having two kiddos is going to make it twice as hard to find time to post anything on here.  TJ is two weeks old today.  I can't believe it...I keep trying to just soak all of this in so it doesn't go as quickly but that doesn't seem to be helping.  I remember how fast Libby changed at this stage so I am spending lots of time just staring at TJ and burning all of his actions to memory.  

The last two weeks have been really awesome.  Really, really awesome.  Libby is adapting better than Jim or I had expected.  She LOVES her little brother and LOVES telling everyone she is a big sister.  There haven't really been any issues with her (yet) and we're trying really hard to make sure her life doesn't change too drastically.  I think it, sadly, helped that I couldn't do much with her at the end of the pregnancy.  Now when I do anything with her it is like a big Christmas present to her.  

TJ is really changing too.  He's already trying to hold his head up and is the most alert, noisy baby I have ever seen.  I mean, seriously, don't newborns sleep all of the time?  Not ours!  Yesterday, for example, he stayed up from around 10:30/11:00AM until almost 4PM when he downed his bottle and then fell fast asleep.  I would be tired too after being up that long if I was his age!  He's a very, VERY good eater and an even better burper (as my Mom found out =)).  Lets just say you don't ever have to doubt when the little man has gas and burps!  We are even getting some sleep.  We've had the occasional night where he sleeps 5-6 hours at a time so everyone in the house doesn't look like a zombie.  

At birth TJ weighed 8lbs 15oz and by the time we took him home he had lost a few ounces and was at 8lbs 10oz.  When we took him in for his one week checkup last week he was already up to 9lbs 1oz.  Today we had his 2 week checkup and he is at 9lbs 11oz.  I can't believe he's almost 10lbs already! 

We haven't really taken him out of the house yet...being home bound is starting to drive me a little crazy.  I do have the pleasure of dropping and picking Libby up from daycare now so that helps me from going a little stir crazy.  We'll start taking him out of the house when he is about a month old and I just cannot wait.  As alert as he is he's going to love looking around at the fuzzy objects around him.  Well, come on, I know he can't see that well yet. =)  I do think he needs more stimulation though...yesterday he fixated on a speaker in the house for like 15 minutes.  It must have looked at him funny because he wouldn't stop staring at it.  I cannot wait to take him out in the sun if the weather will cooperate and go for a few walks!

Well, that's about it for now...or at least all I can think of.  If someone could figure out how to slow the weeks down, let me know because I really want this experience to go slower this time around!

No comments: