Thursday, October 29, 2009

Winter Activities


With cold weather right around the corner and snow too (?), Jim and I are plotting ways to keep the Liberator from going insane inside this winter. Last night we spent our weekly “date night” at Toys-R-Us looking for things to accomplish this task. You might think going to a toy store isn’t a fun way to spend the evening but it really can be! There are so many options and different kinds of toys! Our goal was not to get stuffed toys (her crib is full of them) but things like scissors, drums (cause we’re crazy), maracas, play-doh, etc., for her to use. We did really well too! Jim did find one toy that wasn’t on our “list” – a stuffed Ernie*.


In any case, I am sure I will be posting more about how these go over this winter and whether we actually survive it…but for now we are going to spend as much time outside as possible before winter actually hits!

* I know I said we weren’t going to get any stuffed toys but Libby loves Ernie right now and it was just too cute to pass up. I had the pleasure of giving her the toy and she freaked out (in a good way) when she saw it.

No comments: