Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ready for Christmas

Yes, I know it is early but I am ready for Christmas. Most years, I am excited about it but really do not get into it. I don’t know if it is due to finally having a child old enough to really participate this year, having a new home I am just utterly peaceful in, or the combination of both but I am so ready for Christmas. I’m so ready to decorate the house with lights (something we typically don’t do a lot of). I’ve already warned my wonderful hubby that he is going to need to get on a ladder this year to put some up. Sadly the stores haven’t started putting out decorations so I cannot even plan our decorations out yet. Yes, I am one of ‘those’ people but with a new house I have no idea what to do!! I am even trying to start holiday traditions like baking cookies, decorating the tree on a certain day, etc. My goal is to make sure Libby has a fantastic Christmas and enjoys every minute of it. We are so blessed this year. I want to soak up every minute of family and joy from this time of year.

What are some of your holiday traditions?

No comments: