Sunday, November 1, 2009

A not so happy halloween

I had big plans for Halloween this year. Libby was going to go trick-or-treating for the first time. We finally had a neighborhood where she could walk around. It was all planned out. So when I woke up yesterday I was completely excited and then I looked at the clock. 8:30 am?! How is it that late? For those of you that don't know, our child never sleeps in. Never. The latest she has ever slept is 8:15am and that is when she was sick. So I immediately thought something was wrong and went to check on her. She was fine...just sleeping in. I thought, "hey! whats the harm!? I can get a head start on things downstairs." So I left her alone until 9:15 when she was still sleeping. You would think all of this extra sleep on Halloween would be great, right? Extra sleep means no crankiness AND she can stay up later to trick-or-treat. WRONG! I took her to Target to run off some energy and she ended up throwing 3 major, throw herself on the floor fits. Moms did the classic look at me saying how they felt my pain and had been there. But I haven't! She's never done this before in a store...at least not to this degree. So home we went where I thought I'd get some food in her and down for a late nap. WRONG again! She wouldn't nap...just screamed. and screamed. and screamed. So eventually we went to get her and she never did nap. The crankiness continued and then got worse. So by 6:00 we knew she would never make it walking around the neighborhood. No halloween for her. =( Luckily she did get to go to Boo at the Zoo and trick or treated at her daycare. So there was that...and she was the cutest puppy ever!

No comments: