Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Call Center Funnies

My Aunt Rita just sent me these and I have to say I really enjoyed this. So instead of forwarding them via email, I am just going to post them here. They are call center conversations. Enjoy!

  1. Customer: "I've been calling 700-1000 for two days and can't get through; can you help?"
    Operator: "Where did you get that number, sir?"
    Customer: "It's on the door of your business."
    Operator: "Sir, those are the hours that we are open."
  2. Samsung Electronics
    Caller: "Can you give me the telephone number for Jack?"
    Operator: "I'm sorry, sir, I don't understand who you are talking about."
    Caller: "On page 1, section 5, of the user guide it clearly
    states that I need to unplug the fax machine from the AC wall socket and telephone Jack before cleaning. Now, can you give me the number for Jack? "
    Operator: "I think it means the telephone plug on the wall."
  3. RAC Motoring Services
    Caller: "Does your European Breakdown Policy cover me when I am traveling in Australia ?"
    Operator: "Does the product name give you a clue?"
  4. Caller (enquiring about legal requirements while traveling in Europe) "If I register my car in France, and then take it to England, do I have to change the steering wheel to the other side of the car?"
    No words.....
  5. Directory Enquiries
    Caller: "I'd like the number of the Argo Fish Bar, please"
    Operator: "I'm sorry, there's no listing. Are you sure that the spelling is correct?"
    Caller: "Well, it used to be called the Bargo Fish Bar but the 'B' fell off the sign."
  6. Then there was the caller who asked for a knitwear company in Woven.
    Operator: "Woven? Are you sure ?"
    Caller: "Yes. That's what it says on the label, Woven in Scotland ."
  7. On another occasion, a man making heavy breathing sounds from a phone box told a worried operator: "I haven't got a pen, so I'm steaming up the window to write the number on."
  8. Tech Support: "I need you to right-click on the Open Desktop."
    Customer: "OK."
    Tech Support: "Did you get a pop-up menu?"
    Customer: "No."
    Tech Support: "OK. Right-Click again. Do you see a pop-up menu?"
    Customer: "No."
    Tech Support: "OK, sir. Can you tell me what you have done up until this point?"
    Customer: "Sure. You told me to write 'click' and I wrote 'click'."
  9. Tech Support: "OK. At the bottom left hand side of your screen, can you see the 'OK' button displayed?"
    Customer: "Wow! How can you see my screen from there?"
  10. Caller: "I deleted a file from my PC last week and I just realized that I need it. So, if I turn my system clock back two weeks will I get my file back again?"
    Again... No Words...

No comments: