Saturday, August 25, 2007

Car Seats

Car seats scare me. They are a bunch of plastic put together and I have to trust it to keep my baby safe. And after the 'fun' I had just driving today, I have discovered that it isn't the car seat the scares me. It is the other drivers on the road. With all of the construction on the road, no one seems to know what a lane is. In any case, Jim made an appointment to get the car seats installed in our cars. We chose the Kirkwood Fire Department to do the installation and I have to admit, I was a little nervous. From what I understand certain people take training to become certified in installing car seats at the fire stations. My sister got her car seats installed at a fire station and they did a fine job with it. The only problem I had was that they wouldn't explain why they wouldn't put the seat in the middle of the back seat - which is the safest place in the car. So I was determined to fight to get mine installed there. I read the manual of the car and it said the car seat could be placed there w/o any problems and I knew I had something called a 'latch system' or something in my car. I felt semi prepared. Well, it turns out that I didn't have anything to worry about. The woman that installed the seat at the Kirkwood Fire House did an excellent job and answered all of my questions. She was so incredibly helpful considering she was super busy and squeezed us in. So thank you Kirkwood Fire Department!!!

P.S. The reason why the car seat cannot be placed in the middle back seat of a 2002 Honda CRV is because the arm rest does not latch and can make the car seat unstable. So there we go. =)

No comments: