Saturday, December 8, 2007

Another Sleeping Update

I love Fridays. Jim usually stays up extra late with Libby so I can catch up on the sleep I don't get during the week. My routine is usually the same as during the week and I go to sleep between 8 and 9pm. Last night I went to sleep at 8:30pm. I asked Jim to make sure to go to sleep by 3am because we planned on cleaning the house today. This morning I woke up at 3am to not screaming but laughing and cooing. I layed there in the bed stupefied for a few minutes before going to the hallway to see Jim shhing Libby who was laughing her head off. Jim looked at me with a very tired face and said, "She won't go back to sleep!". I took her downstairs where she seriously smiled for 45 minutes while I tried to lull her back to sleep. It would be funny if it wasn't happening at 3:00am! I gave her a bit more food and she went right to sleep. It was absolutely adorable thinking about it now. But that is only really half of the story. The good news is she is sleeping around 5 hrs pretty routinely now. Last night she went from 8:00pm-2:30am on 1 feeding and then didn't eat again until 8:00 am! So only one late night feeding - it was insane (and wonderful)! I'm hoping this continues. This makes the 3rd (we think) time she has slept through the night. Now, if we can just make this a habit before I return to work on the 2nd.

No comments: