Monday, April 26, 2010

"Big Girl" Changes

Our little Libby is growing up. On Friday we converted her crib to a bed. Yeah, we are just now converting her bed. A lot of my friends took to converting their kiddo's beds to toddler beds around 2 years old. We chose to wait. Why? Well, because Libby showed absolutely no interest in getting out and was not potty training...so what was the hurry? Well, we've spent a lot of time the past few months talking with her about her "big girl" bed. We knew she was ready and could handle it since she has slept on a cot at school for the past 1.5 years and did awesome on a blow up bed at my parent's house in January. Timing was everything to us. We wanted to do it right before she became interested in potty training so she didn't have to adjust to two things at once. Last week she decided she wanted to sit on the potty and actually successfully went. That was a trigger to me it was a time to transition her bed. I was dreading it...I had heard horror stories about how hard it is to get your child to stay in bed, they fall out of them, etc. With never a good long weekend we just went for it last weekend. It was great. Libby loved it --- I'll have a video later. She has told us time and time again how much she loves her "big girl" bed. She never once got out after we put her in to take a nap or go to sleep at night. Now, I would be crazy to think that this is going to last. I am giving it a few weeks (at most) before she starts getting up after we put her down...but for now I am just going to sit back and enjoy the fact that she is so happy and loving her big girl bed. =)

04.23.10 1st day for her big girl bed

No comments: