Sunday, January 6, 2013

Goals

I'm starting a journey. I'm excited and nervous. Will I succeed? Will I fail? Will I give into the distractions of life and continue to not make my life and health a priority?

I set some loft goals last year and succeeded in very, very few. To make sure I actually did not have any room for excuses I did a couple of insane things before the end of the year last year.

1) Rejoined the gym. Ok so this isn't insane but given that I couldn't get my large booty downstairs in my freakin' basement to work out, spending money on a gym seems kinda silly.

2) Signed up for a half marathon in April. I've always talked about doing a half marathon.  In college I was regularly running 8 miles 5-6 times per week.  I was in excellent shape.  What I have to remember is that was 11 years and two kids ago.  I am not the same girl as I was then nor do I have the same body.

3) Talked with my Dr for a little help in the eating department.  That's right folks.  This lady is on medication to help her curb her appetite.  It was a hard decision and it took me and my Dr months to finally decide it was what was necessary to shrink this ever growing belly.  I've been on the pills for about 3 weeks and I have lost almost 8lbs over Christmas.  I'm finding myself struggling now but I think it is more in my head.

So that's what I did last year.  This year, besides training for the half marathon in April I am also going to attempt a competition at my gym to lose the most body % from Monday until early March.  The winner gets something I don't really care about and a Kindle Fire.  You see what I want, huh? :)

I'll be using this blog, in addition to posting regular posts about my adorable family and friends to also cover this new journey I am on to accomplish these insane goals.  I hope you will follow along!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I'll follow!
I know you'll accomplish this goal(s) because you're doing it for the right reasons :)
Where is this half marathon?

mommyski said...

Thanks Kelly!!! It's in STL - called Go STL