Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Happiest Baby

My mother in law gave me a book to help soothe a baby to sleep when I first told her that Jim and I were pregnant. I was hoping that we wouldn't need it but...after 3 or 4 straight days of crying from about 3-11pm each day I couldn't handle it and looked into the book. They said everything we had been trying (using the 5 S's):
  1. Swaddling
  2. Side/Stomach
  3. Shhing
  4. Swinging
  5. Sucking
Well, in all honesty we had tried all but the swaddling but she hated this after about the 2nd week. We decided to try it after we had nothing else to try. I have to tell you it was magic. She cried a bit at first and then fell asleep. We've been using it for the past 2 or 3 days now and it has worked every time. So, for new Moms try these techniques. They really, really do work!

No comments: