Saturday, November 17, 2007

Sleeping through the night

First of all - she isn't sleeping through the night. =) I have made it my personal mission to figure out how to get her to sleep through the night prior to me going back to work. She'll be 14 weeks by then so I have roughly 7 weeks to get her to do this. Now, I realize that it is totally not up to me..it is pretty much up to her and I can't make her do this. However, if we can get it down to one late night feeding then I will consider it a success. I went over to some friends' house yesterday and totally picked their brains. I think the problem all circulates around the fact she can maybe go 2-3 hours between feedings. Lately I am lucky to get her to go 2.5 hours between feedings. At night she will make it anywhere between 2.5 and 3 hours - usually 3 hours. My friends recommended that I try to stretch her between feedings. Given the fact she is so hungry after 2.5 hours it is going to be interesting to try to stretch her but I am going to give it my all. I really think it will work - it is just going to be hard. Even if I can get her to go 5-10 minutes at a feeding past when she starts showing signs she is hungry, I will be very happy. I'll keep you posted of our progress! And thanks Jason and Katie! =)

No comments: