Tuesday, January 1, 2008

1st Day of Daycare - The Night Before

I've spend the first day of 2008 in tears almost every other hour. Tomorrow is the first day I return to work and take Elizabeth to daycare. My emotions are torn. I am excited and incredibly sad at the same time. I'm mostly excited to see what 'normal' looks like. We've talked for so long about both of us going to work and her daycare and now we're going to get to see what it is actually like. I have a list of everything I need to bring with me tomorrow. It seriously feels like I am going away for a long time. There is just so much stuff that I need to remember every morning. Eventually it will be routine and, honestly, there won't be this much stuff every single day. The first day I am bringing her extra things I didn't know I could: a pacifier, blanket, etc. Squeezing her full name on a pacifier was hilarious I have to tell you! In any case, I will have to bring bottles and a piece of paper describing her night (i.e., whether she slept well or not) and when she last ate/had a diaper change. So hopefully her things will go down in size. Seeing how fast she is growing, I think the infant carrier will be gone before I know it. I plan on bringing it in with me tomorrow since it is so cold here and I don't want to keep her out in the cold while trying to buckle her into it in the car...but on warmer days, I might forgo it and just carry her in. My goal is to nitpick every single detail so I don't have to actually comprehend leaving her in a stranger's care. It'll be ok...It'll be ok. I'll update you on how it actually goes. =)

No comments: