Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Big Day: We survived.

By me posting this you know that Libby and I survived. Barely. Let me start at the beginning: last night. I went to bed reluctantly at 9:30 and finally fell asleep...oh probably around 11 or 11:30. Libby wanted to eat around 3:00 so I got up with her then and I pretty much never fell back asleep. That's why I include it in 'today' because I don't know the difference in the 2 days. I ended up getting up at 5:00 and got ready for my first day back at work. Libby was wonderful and slept while I got ready, loaded up the car, and then went to collect her from her crib to get her in an outfit suitable for daycare (i.e., not her PJs). Then at 6:15, off we went to daycare. My eyes were still dry so I was pleased. That didn't last much longer. I got at the daycare at 6:30, took Libby inside and that is where the water works started and did not end until I walked out of the establishment, into my car, drove to work, and got out of my car in the garage. I did take a second to try to collect myself in the didn't work. =) I managed to make it into work and made it until 8:30ish before I called the daycare to see how Libby was doing. She apparently was doing fine and hadn't cried. I counted that as successful. The lady caring for her today mentioned something that made me want to go visit Libby at lunch so I did. Boy! That was a MISTAKE. I had finally recovered and had not cried until I saw her and then started all over again. It wasn't pretty. I cried all the way back to work. Needless to say my eyes are a tad red and tired. Libby is fine though. I went and collected her at 5:00 and she was very happy. She ate well and went longer between the feedings. Every time I saw her she seemed happy and doing well. The lady that took care of her said she never cried all day. Yay for that! I think Mommy made up for it. Tomorrow has to be better than today but we survived and that is all we can do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi- just checking in on how the big day went. sorry it was so sad, but it is AWESOME that Libby liked it. Congrats.