Monday, November 16, 2009

Sick Day


11.12.09 sick day
Originally uploaded by Holly Mroczkowski.
About a week ago I got a cold. Now a cold is not normally something that would knock me off my feet but this one sure did. By Wed night (day #4 of the cold), I wasn't sure if this was just a cold. So imagine my delight when the next morning Libby woke up super crabby and not feeling well at all. I took her temp (several times - hello OCD!) and she never had one. But I knew, just KNEW, that if I took her to daycare she would end up coming home with me early. I packed and unpacked the car FIVE times and then finally at 7:15am decided to try it. I had a big meeting at work and I really needed to be in the office that morning. So off we went...my crabby kiddo and me. I attended/talked in my meeting at 8:30 and at 9:30 called to check on my sick girl. Sure enough she had a temp and I had to go get her. The rest of the day is a blur (mostly because I actually took cold medicine for the first time in 3 years)...but we survived. Now it is Monday, one full week after this cold showed its face in my house, and I am almost 100% healthy, Libby has a slight cough and Jim is starting to get all stuffy. Go away cold! No more sick days!!

No comments: