Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Struggling

I often ask myself, "Why do some people have it so easy?" Then I realize those people don't know what hard work is. Unfortunately, when you are struggling with something you still want to have things come easily. Something I have always struggled with is weight. For those of you that know me, you have seen me go up and down over my lifetime and it is a constant roller coaster. This is one of the things have always struggled with but am determined to get a handle on for my family - specifically for my little girl. I don't want her to see her Momma gorging on bad foods, not exercising, etc. Unfortunately I am failing right now. I was able to drop a lot of weight and keep it off for a year after Libby was born but then I said I was going to take a "break" from dieting. Now, a year later, I am back up to where I was when I got pregnant with Libby and feeling, honestly, like a failure. I got comfortable which was something I vowed never to do again. So, here we go again my friends, I am going to try to stick with it this time and find a way to actually make this work in my life versus making it be such a battle. That's the hard part - trying to find a balance to make this work in every day life. Because, lets face it, the holidays are coming up. I am not going to be "perfect" the entire time - I may eat a piece of pie...but what I have always lacked is self control to only get small portions of things to balance it out. So my goal this go around in my latest weight battle is to do better portions and not completely eliminate the goodies I want. Instead, have little tastes of them when I crave them. It's all about balance.

No comments: