Thursday, October 18, 2007

Day #3

routine - commonplace tasks, chores, or duties as must be done regularly or at specified intervals; typical or everyday activity: the routine of an office.

And here I didn't think this word existed anymore...I thought I lost it in 2007. I think that is one thing I am looking forward for 2008 - to get some consistency back in my life. We basically started trying to get pregnant after the 1st of the year and successfully did so the first month. So, since January, my life has definitely not been consistent. It wasn't just the pregnancy though, it was also my job. I was put on a team that basically works every day from 7am-3am. That was interesting enough to get used to much less all of the pregnancy stuff and never knowing what to expect. It would be nice to have a routine established by or during the early part of January so I can have some normalcy back.

But alas, I am not there yet. Day #3, Wednesday, really wasn't that bad. It started off fantastic where I got enough sleep so that I didn't feel like a zombie and I was showered, ready for the day, and had cleaned/straightened up the house by 7:30 am! I had high hopes until I had to call the doctor because my incision from the c-section looked a little red. This was a sign of infection so I didn't want to risk it. I also had plans to go see a friend during the day and had to take a rain check due to the rain (ha, you see what I did there =)...see, the baby hasn't killed all of my sense of humor yet!). Anyways, I called the doctor at 8:00 am hoping to get squeezed in at some point during the day...I was really wanting to avoid going during the rush hour traffic because I am still a little nervous driving my precious baby around - especially after only driving twice in about a month. They eventually called me back around 2 or 3 and wanted me to come in at 5:00. I wasn't thrilled but knew I needed to do that just in case. Of course this messed up the whole 'routine' (for lack of better words!). Libby did her rare thing where she has to be held during the day and won't sleep on her own. I usually chalk this up to digestive issues but I am sure it is because she loves Mommy so much. =) I finally got her to go to sleep on her own at 2:30 just in time for me to have to wake her up around 3:45 to drag her to the doctor with me. Boy, there is nothing like a screaming baby to get you to move faster! Jim graciously agreed to come with me to the doctor because the appointment fell smack dab in the middle of Libby's feeding time and I wasn't sure how I was going to handle that. It all ended up ok because the doctor was late - as usual - and we didn't get to see her until almost 6:00. Thankfully it isn't infected so all is good and Libby was happy. All was right in the world...the only problem was that I didn't get to bed as early as I would like so I am dragging a bit today. It will be a lot easier once we have a routine and set feeding times. As it is, we seem to always get on a certain schedule (even with the weird every 2 hour feedings). I just look forward to the day when I can anticipate it a little bit more so it is easier on Libby and everyone else within a mile radius of her screams. =)

No comments: