Monday, October 15, 2007

I survived!

Well today was the first day I went solo while Jim was at work. It wasn't too bad...not like I thought it would be. I was tired from last night but I just took it easy and took a quick power nap (assuming you can call a 10-20 minute sleep a nap). Being the only one here takes a lot out of a person...but I was pretty pleased overall. I even got to take a quick shower! Libby was great...she started out with her weird feeding schedule of every 2 hours and eventually we got back into every 3 to 3.5 hours between feedings. Tonight I even made a full dinner consisting of chicken, mashed potatoes, and macaroni and cheese. It was the first time I have cooked since being home. Thankfully Jim came home on time because Miss Libby only made it 2 hours between feedings and then ate more than her usually 3-3.5 ounces by downing 6.5 ounces. Yeah, I am not kidding! She's a piglet! She's asleep now and rightfully so because eating all of that had to be exhausting!

My plan is to end my day in a few hours and have Jim take over so I can go to bed early. I would categorize today as a success. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

No comments: