Friday, October 19, 2007

TGIF!

Boy am I glad that it is Friday. Today has been rough. Baby girl is making it pretty rough to make it through the day. I went to sleep around 8:30 last night. Thankfully I was able to sleep solidly until 1am when I heard Jim putting Elizabeth down in her crib due to the supersonic monitor. She fussed for a bit but then went to sleep until about 1:45 am when she woke me up screaming. I've been up ever since pretty much holding her the entire time. It seems we are going through this every other day. What's strange (and I think the cause of it) is that she is eating anywhere between every hour to every 2. This gives me about a 30 minute to 1 hour break between feedings and is just making me a little bonkers. I just can't get her to eat more than 2-2.5 ounces at a time...which is just so frustrating. I can get her to stay awake so it isn't that she falls asleep during the feedings. It is more that she just doesn't eat - she just stops! I'm not sure what is going on but I'm hoping if I can just get her to sleep for more than 10-20 minutes at a time she can actually wait a few hours in between feedings. The swing worked for about 15 minutes but then she woke up. I've looked up online how to get babies on feedings schedules but she is just too young. I really think she is just going through a growth spurt and we have to wait this out. I just hate to hear her cry all of the time cause she is hungry. Poor baby girl!

No comments: