Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Visual Development

Libby is somehow able to see further away than she should at this age. While it is adorable that she looks for me when she hears my voice, it also causes some problems with I go to check on her when she is fussy. Any time she sees me she will instantly wake up and want me to hold her. She is definitely turning into a Momma's Girl. I love it - don't get me wrong. I just need a nap sometime in the afternoon and am amazed she doesn't. We don't really have a feeding routine but we do have a (loose) sleeping routine. Normally she will sleep really well at night (whew!) but during the day she is awake pretty much from 10am on...and want to be held. Well, honestly I don't think it is so much she wants to be held as much as she just wants to look at everything in the house - fans especially. I usually feed her on the couch and I will constantly see her scoping out the rear speaker next to us as if it would somehow interact with her. I love watching her look at things and try to figure out what is going on in her head. Today the pediatrician was asking me if Libby was focusing on things yet and when I told her about the fans and doing a daily walk of the house, she recommended having some toys that Libby could stare at. So, I pulled out the Ocean Wonders toy we got and she loved it. She stared at it for 30 minutes!!! Yay!


No comments: